.

August 10, 2006

Disclaimers Explained

I'm probably about to get myself into trouble with this entry and should just leave it alone, but a few people have asked me what's up with the "Disclaimers" in my sidebar.

It came from a couple of places. They break down as follows:
  • All views presented here are those of the presenter or commentator only.
    A friend made it clear that I needed to make sure this was noted and where I still don't understand exactly why, I put it there. It seems to have something to do with certain legalities about comments and not being responsible for them. As far as the last half goes, I don't want to edit comments (and don't as a general rule) but anything that's just rude and offensive for no good reason may go the way of the Dodo Bird.

  • All original content posted by Spirit Geek is Copyright ©...
    Where this is stated in the Blogger Terms of Service, the same friend once again (I would ignore him, but he is a lawyer. Hmmm).

  • The purpose of this blog...
    The whole point of this is to create a record of the good and the bad on my journey through life. There is a certain amount of transparency that I am trying to afford in my life and this is a tool in that direction. I read and talk with many people who put themselves into the public spotlight and the vast majority carry dark secrets that they hide from the world (and in some cases themselves). I think that they do a disservice to both themselves and those who look up to them, as they don't get a complete picture of whom it is they think they are dealing with. So, here I show "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" (OK, I do live in Los Angeles and have been called the "Hollywood Guru" for my uses of film references).

  • Those who know me in personally, in passing or more extensively, may find comments and discussions of conversations and ideas expressed on this site.
    As part of the purpose stated above, I talk about many things in my life and those in it are likely to be made mention of, but I won't say who you are (unless you ok it). This came about due to a friend being concerned about a conversation we had and making reference to it here. The point of this site is the documentation of life lessons and insights and if the people in my life supply them, they will be mentioned here. For as the last line says (and yes, it's meant to be a bit snippy!)...

  • Though you only need worry about this if you should to say something of substance (directly or indirectly).
I'm not intending to offend anyone, but the fact is that if it wasn't in the "digital domain", it is just as likely to be in conversation and at least here the intents get documented with the ideas as well.

No comments :

 

.