.

July 23, 2006

Mission Accomplished #2

As of 1:00 PM July 22, 2007
I am officially in my new place.


I am nowhere near finished making it livable, but everything from my previous apartment has been moved into my new place.

I spent Friday evening packing up the last of my stuff and taking bookshelves and other furniture downstairs to the small storage room in the garage. Saved me a LOT of work going up and down 3 flights of steps on Saturday.

For those who have never been to my place, the ground floor is the parking and storage areas, the 2nd being regular apartments and the 3rd being townhouse units. The one I was in was a 1-bedroom with a loft. The loft overlooked the living room and kitchen areas and was my room. (BTW, word of advice, never get an apartment where the bathroom is not on the same floor as the bedroom, 3 AM pees are a pain)

I managed to not only get the remainder of the furniture and miscellaneous stuff loaded in about 2 1/2 hours but made it over the hill and unloaded it all by myself (I'm just getting so butch).

Now I am in the process of figuring out where I want everything to go and start determining the furniture I am going to have to get. Several of the girls have offered to help (why am I so frightened of that?).

To celebrate, my friend Judy and I went to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery and saw "Dressed to Kill" with Angie Dickinson and Michael Caine. It's part of Cinespia's summer screening program. If you have never been, try it...

Later...

No comments :

 

.