.

July 15, 2008

A few little prayers...

A few weeks ago, a friend was telling me about their morning practice and routine of prayers and meditation. I was specifically interested in the prayers that were invoked and thought I would share them with you. My personal favorite is the modified prayer of St. Francis of Assisi (the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs).

Father, Mother, Creator, Source, Spirit, God,
I offer myself to You -
To build with me and to do with me as You will.
Relieve me of the bondage of self,
That I may better do Your will.
Take away my difficulties,
That victory over them may bear witness
To those I would help
Of Your Power, Your Love and
Your Way of Life.
May I do Your will always.

God,
Make ,me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O, God,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love.
For it is giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in surrendering that we are awakened
Into Presence.

God,
Grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
The courage
To change the things I can,
And the wisdom
to know the difference.

May they bring you as much joy as my friend and I.

No comments :

 

.