.

May 26, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

Last night a friend and I went to see the Al Gore film "An Inconvenient Truth". I thought it was a very thought provoking and very good at both showing how Al Gore became so interested in and such an environmental activist as well as documenting his famous slide program. I would say it is definitely worth seeing, but expect to have your brain activated as you will be required to do a bit of thinking.

In the film, he uses the analogy of the frog and a boiling pot of water. If you put a frog into a boiling pot of water, he will jump out. But, if you put him into a pot of water at room temperature and start to raise the temperature slowly, he will happily sit there and boil to death. This is an excellent (if not overused), example of what we are doing with our environment. One of the things that surprised me the most was just how thin the layer of atmosphere on this planet is. If you were to take a globe and give it a layer of shellac, that would be about the same thickness as the atmosphere we depend upon.

A Thought to Ponder


Even if you do not believe in global warming and you think it is just a natural cycle that is coinciding with the recent apparent changes in the weather, I would ask you this:

Does it make sense to pour tons of toxins into the environment every single hour of every day while at the same time decimating the natural processors of those toxins (trees and such)? Think about it...

6 comments :

Kirsten P. said...

It's important to save the frog. And give him iced tea.

Don't forget that bit.

Kirsten P. said...

You never update, you dead frog.

Kirsten P. said...

Oh my god, after that whole conversation we had yesterday there is still nothing. You are a lazy bitch.

That's right. I said BITCH.

Unknown said...

Listen missy...

Unlike your life of leisure and fun, I have to work for a living and don't get a chance to type everyday... ;-)

I do admit that I have been a bit negligent in my getting into the work, please forgive and don't hurt me!

I will try to be better...

Kirsten P. said...

I can't take anything you say seriously while your profile pic is that silly planet. :o)

Unknown said...

You, of all people, know that I take next to nothing of this world seriously, so the logo from the Hitchhiker's Guide's "Don't Worry" icon is appropriate. (Note: The original version, not Hollywood's latest attempt)

But you will be glad to know that as soon as I can get that picture off my cell phone that you took, I plan to put it up. Blasted female managed to get a decent picture of me and I quite like it. Maybe putting shoes on them wasn't such a bad idea after all.

;-P

 

.